Sunday, May 5, 2013

Our TTC Journey

Image here

When we got married, Hubby and I envisioned starting a family right away. The nature of his work and my age were major factors of our decision. Aside from the fact that we love children and having our own would be the icing on our cake.

Summary: We've been trying since 2010. I was diagnosed with PCOS, Hubby had no problem. I had 7 rounds of Clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Ova-mit, and Clomene), 3 rounds of trigger shots (Pregnyl and Ovidrel), about 20 acupuncture sessions, drank numerous cups of herbal tea, and underwent 2 IUIs. Wasn't able to get pregnant.

So, here's our journey:

2010
January 2010 - Hubby and I got married. After a week, he left for overseas work. We weren't able to get pregnant during our honeymoon.

June 2010 - Hubby came home due to an accident in the ship he was working. We tried to conceive naturally but weren't successful.

August 2010 - Went to a Fertility doctor. Found that I had PCOS (I don't ovulate regularly) and I had retroverted uterus. 
- Hubby had Sperm Analysis. His result was off the charts!
- Took Clomid (50mg) once a day for 5 days. My ovaries responded, showed 2 maturing follicles. Didn't conceive.

September 2010 - Took Clomid and had a Pregnyl shot to "pop" the eggs, even one egg would suffice. Didn't conceive.

November 2010 - Tried the natural way since Hubby would be leaving for overseas work.
- Consulted with another Fertility Doctor in the city.

December 2010Started acupuncture treatments with Sister Regina Liu.

2011
January 2011 - Started being "organic." I used organic beauty products, ate brown rice and muesli, and stayed away from junk food and sweets (may fave!).
- Visited the acupuncture clinic for my treatment every other week.

April 2011 - Had a TVS to see if my acupuncture treatments helped my ovaries to ovulate naturally. They did!

June 2011 - Started taking Chinese herbal medicines as prescribed by Sister Regina. You can also read here, here, and here. 

September 2011 - Hubby came back at the end of his 9-month contract. We tried to conceive naturally but were not successful.

October 2011 - Took Ova-mit for 5 days. Didn't conceive.

November 2011 - Took Ova-mit again. Didn't conceive.

December 2011 - Tried to conceive naturally. We weren't able to get pregnant. Hubby went abroad again for his contract. I was devastated!

2012
January 2012 - I stopped my acupuncture treatments. I decided to do nothing related to getting pregnant for the meantime. I was drained and frustrated with what I've been through: the treatments, the fertility drugs, injections, numerous TVS, consultations, etc. I decided to just enjoy every moment without thinking about getting pregnant.

August 2012 - Had my HSG and learned I have patent tubes. Information that HSG increases the chances of a woman to get pregnant raised our hopes up. My friend (TTC for 1 year) had HSG in 2011 and she got pregnant after her HSG. These info made us optimistic we'll be lucky this time. We were not.

September 2012 - My OB suggested artificial insemination but Hubby and I decided to wait and see and tried to conceive naturally.

November 2012 - We decided to have an IUI. I took Ova-mit for 5 days and had an Ovidrel shot. Didn't work out.

December 2012 - Went to my first Fertility Doctor in the province and scheduled another round of IUI. She said she recommends taking Clomid or Clomene instead of Ova-mit. I took Clomene and had a Pregnyl shot. Had another IUI in the province. Failed.

2013
January 2013 - Hubby left again for work. We weren't able to get pregnant naturally. We accepted the fact that it wasn't time for us yet.

Whew!

So, that's it. That's our journey so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter