Monday, July 19, 2010

Visit to the OB

We went to an OB-GYN over the weekend. Since we were not able to conceive last month, we decided to check with an OB.

I have hesitations prior to this visit. It seems like we're over eager to conceive but I have to remind myself that my husband and I are not always together in all the 12 months in a year. For this year, we only have 4 months together.

We went to Hospital 1 early in the morning to make sure that we are listed first. We were #5. The OB's clinic hours is from 11am-2pm. Last time we enlisted I was #17 and at 1pm, the doctor is handling patient #3. The secretary informed us that the OB has a 9-11am schedule at another hospital (Hospital 2). We immediately went to Hospital 2, hoping that the OB has lesser patients than Hospital 1.

Hospital 2 has lesser patients. I was #2. Woohoo! We waited for the clinic to open. The secretary arrived and called on patients. When it was our turn, she asked us our concern for visiting. Trying to conceive. She suggested that we should instead consult with another OB who specializes in Infertility cases. Infertility?! Since we want to get pregnant soon and The Cook will be away in 3 months time, it's better to consult with another OB. This OB has clinic hours from 2-4pm. We decided to come back later.

Why are doctors always late?

We arrived a few minutes after two, hoping that the OB will be available. We waited among other patients who are pregnant, aside from a teenage girl whom I guessed was having menstrual problem.

The OB, let's call her Dra. T, arrived at 3pm. I was the 4th patient.

Dra. T asked us the usual stuff, last menstrual period, health problems, frequency of sex in a week, etc. She asked The Cook his job and when he said that he's a cook, Dra. T was kinda saddened. She said with The Cook's line of work, it could affect his capacity to produce good sperms. In my times of researching and reading about fertility and conception, I never considered The Cook's work. I always thought that the difficulty in conceiving is with me since I'm not getting any younger.

We left the clinic filled with lots of information.

We hope that Cycle 2 will be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter