Saturday, July 24, 2010

Café by the Ruins


We arrived in Baguio at around 10am. Since the check-in time in Hotel Veniz is 2pm, we decided to eat breakfast first and see some sights.

I could tell that The Cook will be enjoying our vacation since he likes cold weathers and delicious food.

Our first stop, Café by the Ruins.

According to its website,

“The ruins we lay claim to are the remains of a garden theater which was later converted into the gracious home of Phelps Whitmarsh, the first civil governor of Benguet.”



We are so enthralled with the beauty of the place that we kept taking photos of every plant, décor, furniture, walls and signs at the café. Yes, we are obvious tourists in Baguio. The Cook plans to make our own house as relaxing as Café by the Ruins.


For breakfast, I ordered Champorado and Tapsilog for the Cook.


My Champorado was chocolatey, with fresh cow’s milk and some fried salted fish (small biya). Sadly, I wasn’t able to finish my food. My stomach had its usual “travel jitters”.

The Tapsilog has a cup of colorful mountain rice, fried adobo chunks (I think they served the wrong dish) and fried egg. The meal also includes brewed Benguet coffee and a small bowl of fresh fruits.


Whenever we eat out, I always check on the restaurant’s comfort room. I don’t know why, but I have this fixation to take photos of comfort rooms. Only the clean and photogenic comfort rooms, that is. Maybe I am saving photos of comfort rooms to serve as inspiration to our own comfort rooms in our future home.


I love the comfort room at Café by the Ruins. It’s clean, has big mirrors, tissue paper, water (of course), and as deodorizer, they have fresh sampaguita garlands and rosals. Isn’t it a great idea to bring in fresh flowers rather than use a toilet deodorizer to keep the comfort room smell good? That’s what I call an eco-friendly toilet.

Outside the café is a small area selling organic produce every Wednesday.


Café by the Ruins
23 Chuntug, Baguio City
Tel.: (74) 442-4010 or 446-4010
Fax: 442-5272
E-mail: feedback@cafebytheruins.com.ph
http://www.cafebytheruins.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter