Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pregnyl

On Cycle Day 14, I went to Dra. Tanangonan for a check-up. Today is Follicle Monitoring day. The wait was so loooong. It took sometime before the secretary gave me request slip for a TVS (transvaginal sonogram) and I waited more than an hour in the Ultrasound lobby for my turn. I was worried that Dra. might have forgotten me and leave the hospital soon.

I was with pregnant mommies also scheduled for an ultrasound. There is one who looked like she's carrying the baby lower than the normal position. I heard she is going to have an abortion since the position is perilous both to the mom and baby. Sad.

All the other patients in the waiting area are finished with their ultrasounds. Another set of patients came and I'm still there! Luckily, Dra. finally came and did the TVS.

On my right ovary I have 2 follicles measuring 1.1 and 1.3cm while on my left ovary I have a 2.2cm follicle. Last cycle, I only had two follicles in my right ovary.

We went back to the clinic and the secretary thought that I already left the hospital. Waaah! Maybe she kept calling me while I was in the Ultrasound room waiting for my turn.

Dra. recommended I do ovulation tests for three days. When the test becomes positive, I should contact her. She will inject Pregnyl. It is a drug that would stimulate mature follicles to "rupture" and release the egg. And the cost is outstanding...P2,000 for a shot!

I thought if P2,000 is the only thing that keeps me from getting pregnant, I might as well pay for it though expensive. Yes, many would say that this is so exaggerated. But, if your husband is going away for months and you desperately wanted to have a child, wouldn't you do the same? I just console myself that the money can be gained again but the chance of hubby and I getting pregnant are going slim every single day. Might as well do what it takes to help me get pregnant.

Sometimes, I think that life is unfair. But then again, maybe it isn't.

There are those who have unwanted pregnancies, abort their babies, leave their babies in churches or garbage dumps! And there are those who desperately want to have a child but are having difficulties.

I am just thankful that we have the resources to finance our workup. I know a couple who got married three weeks ahead of us who are still trying to conceive. They don't have money to pay for a workup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter