Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pregnyl Shot

I had my Pregnyl shot on CD 19. Dra. Tanangonan informed me to go to the clinic for an ultrasound. This, after five days of ovulation testing that resulted negative.

She said I may have a problem with the hormone being detected by the ovulation tests that's why none of the tests produced two dark lines.

We forego of the ultrasound to check on the size of my three follicles and instead did a Pregnyl shot. A shot costs P2,000. I'm not sure of the dosage though. It was an intramuscular injection, meaning, it is injected within a muscle, not an a vein, but a muscle.


Dra. asked me to put my elbows on the clinic bed. She lifted a part of my blouse at the back, grabbed the muscle along my waistline, said "Ready" and injected this potent drug. It was a bit painful (I'm not a piercing fanatic) but I have to endure it. Whatever it takes to have a baby, I will do.

While she is injecting Pregnyl, I kept saying to myself to relax and this too will be over soon. Relax. Relax. Relax.

I do hope that this cycle of workup is successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter