Monday, September 6, 2010

Preggy Sites

In my search for holistic pregnancy and child rearing, I came across The Green Doula site. A doula, according to Dictionary.com, is a "woman who assists women during labor and after childbirth".

The site writes about everything eco-friendly, holistic and "green" about pregnancy and life. There are products, ideas and suggestions that can help an expectant mom. The writer is based in the US so there are some articles which are locally-centered.

Another site which I visit is the Offbeat Mama with the tag line, "Parenting against the grain." Nice huh? The author of the blog, Ariel, is also the author of Offbeat Bride. She went from bride-to-be to a mom. The site features write-ups of other "offbeat mamas" which celebrates the miracle of pregnancy and childbirth. I'm not a tattoed-wife but it didn't sway me from reading these articles. Motherhood is a gift and women should embrace it in whichever way is comfortable to us.

Eventhough Hubby and I haven't yet confirmed if I'm pregnant, I still can't help myself in browsing sites and blogs about pregnancy and buying books about it. Yesterday, I bought a book about holistic pregnancy and one about nursing. I know that I will be pregnant and will have children in the future, might as well buy these books so I can learn about things beforehand. Also, these books are on sale. I'll have them in another post.

It's nice to think about the possibility of actually carrying another life within you. I hope we are successful this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter