Saturday, September 25, 2010

Iskrambol

When I was in elementary, street food vendors flock the gates of my school. They wait from lunch time until the afternoon when students rush home after eight hours (or more) of learning. Of course, students would always buy their fish balls, unripe mangoes with bagoong, cotton candy, fried peanuts, ice scramble (called "iskrambol") etc before going home. I like ice scramble for it is a combination of cool and sweet. But, I rarely eat street food, fearing I'll get hepatitis or some unclean food-borne disease.

Good thing, ice scramble is making a come back. In a morning show, an owner of an ice scramble business said their advantage to ice scrambles sold in the streets is that their product is clean. I've seen people patiently waiting in line to buy ice scramble and I joined the pack and tried some.

A small cup costs P7-10 depending on the "brand" you are buying from. Additional P3-4 if you want to add toppings like cereals, candy sprinkles (my fave), choco sprinkles, rice crispies, etc. When I smelled the milk and choco syrup on top of this cold treat, I was brought back to my younger years in school. Funny how a scent brings back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter