Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PCOS

According to Wikipedia,

PCOS or Polycystic ovarian syndrome is one of the most common female endocrine disorders affecting approximately 5%-10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old) and is thought to be one of the leading causes of female infertility.

I am diagnosed to have PCOS. In both ovaries.

When I had my period, Hubby and I went to my OB, Dra. T. She requested a transvaginal sonogram (TVS) for me so she could take a look at my uterus and ovaries. I was a bit scared at first because of the procedure but I said to myself I would do whatever it takes just to conceive a normal and healthy baby.

We found out that I have retroverted uterus (*sad face*) and I have PCOS (*double sad face*).

image from here

Dra. T gave me a prescription to take 2 tabs of Clomid (50g) before bedtime for five days. On Day 12 of my cycle, I have to see her and she will do follicle monitoring. Based on my research, it means checking if Clomid made my eggs mature. Hopefully it does.

A tablet of Clomid costs P244.75! Hubby and I were surprised when the pharmacist told us our total bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter