Thursday, August 12, 2010

1 Peter 5:6-7

The diagnosis of my OB GYNE caught us by surprise. I have regular menses and am not overweight. Learning that I have PCOS made me research about it. I found websites (fertility websites) and learned alot about this syndrome. What to call PCOS? A syndrome? A disease?

At first I was saddened by the thought of having problems with conception. I was not expecting I have a condition that makes it difficult for Hubby and I to have a baby.

Yesterday, as I was changing to my day clothes or pambahay, I said a short silent message to God. In my mind, I asked God to let me know what to do about this situation. I'm a worrier and I don't want to worry about things that I have no control over. Worry = stress. We don't need no stress at this time, right?

I told myself to do all the things needed to make myself healthy, taking my medicines, eating the right foods (junk food and sweets, goodbye!) and doing some exercise (tho I haven't started this yet). If we are not lucky this Cycle, I will not stress over it. There are things beyond my control.

I go about doing my evening rituals. I read the Daily Bread and the Bible. The passage for the day was 1 Peter 5-11. And here is God's immediate answer to my message:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

I can't help but smile as I pored over the passage and read an article about it in the Daily Bread. God moves in mysterious ways indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter