Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jatujak

When our favorite Thai restaurant, Ooody's, relocated from the mall, Hubby and I looked for another Thai restaurant that would quench our cravings for those spicy, salty, sweet dishes. Then, we discovered Jatujak. Hubby's birthday is a great excuse to try this restaurant.



Jatujak (pronounced as cha-tu-chak) is named after a famous weekend market in Bangkok.

We scanned the menu and found their prices not too expensive for Thai food. There is no dish above P300. Yes!

The Tom Yum Goong (spicy-sour shrimp soup) (P195) tasted like sinigang but a much spicier version. I tasted a big punch from the ginger. Very nice to eat during cold nights. A medium serving has three prawns.

The Chicken Pad Thai (P175) is a default order. Whenever we eat Thai, we always order Pad Thai.

Bagoong Rice (P155) is a winner for me. I loved the salty+sweet taste of the rice and some pork chunks. Combine these with slivers of green mango and you'll have a party of flavors in your mouth.

We only ate one fresh springroll (P115) since we were already full. I liked that it is a vegetarian dish (I need to incorporate more veggies in my meals.) which we can make at home.
I had the Thai Iced Tea (P78), a house specialty. It tasted like milk tea. Two persons can share a glass of it. Since it's his birthday, Hubby ordered a beer. :) See how tall a glass of Thai Iced Tea is?



Jatujak
SM Megamall
UG/F, Bldg. A
637 -1772


SM Mall of Asia
Level 2, Unit 237
Entertainment Mall
556-0850

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter