Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sister Regina's Herbal Tea

The next step in my fertility workup with Sister Regina is drinking her herbal tea.

Direction for my condition: 8 teaspoons in one cup of hot water. Drink an hour after breakfast and dinner.

Reading women's forum about this herbal tea gives me apprehensions of drinking it. Some women say they are tea drinkers but they cannot stomach drinking this tea. They just opted to discontinue drinking the tea but continue with acupuncture. Oh my! I'm not a tea drinker how can I swallow this drink?

I read the list of ingredients at the side of the container to know what the h*ll I'm drinking. The label says:

Each 12gm contains the following dry herbs:
Poria - 3g
Cortex Moutan - 3g
Rhizoma Alismatis - 3g
Radix Rehmanniae preparata - 8g
Fructus Corni - 4g
Rhizoma Dioscoreae - 4g
Radix Aconiti Lateralis preparata - 1g
Cortex Cinnamomi - 1g
the above herbs yield an amount of dry exytract - 7g
Corn Starch - 5g

After dinner, I waited an hour, preparing myself in this herbal tea drinking challenge. I will start with half a cup and slowly add the tea volume until my stomach can "stomach" this herbal tea. I think it will be a waste if I start with a full cup only to throw some tea away.

The tea powder is fine and brown. Looks like chocolate drink powder...or dry soil. I put 4 teaspoons of the tea to half a cup of hot water. The cup immediately turned brown, the smell is faint. I imagine of stirring flood water. I have to think about other things aside soil and flood to associate with the tea. When the powder is dissolved, I waited a few minutes to cool this concoction.

The time came for me to finally face the music. Holding my nose, I quickly drank this herbal tea that will hopefully help me conceive. Gulp. Gulp. Gulp. I keep in mind what my Inay told me when she was pregnant. She said that she drank whatever my Nanay (grandmother) told her to help her in her pregnancy and delivery. How horrible the taste is, it doesn't matter if it will be good for you. So I swallowed and drank till the last drop. The taste is nothing like I've tasted before. The only thing that I remember is that it has a somewhat cinnamon aftertaste.

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter