Friday, June 24, 2011

Straight Naturelle

I grabbed a promo of Ensogo for a classic hair rebond and milk treaatment at Straight Naturelle. The salon has three branches -- Cash 'N Carry in Makati, SM San Pablo and Puregold San Pablo. I searched the net for reviews about this salon before buying the promo.

I reserved two slots for me and my sister at Straight Naturelle. Since hair rebonding takes 5-6 hours, I booked for the salon's opening time. It's good to be the first customer at a salon.

My sister an I arrived at the salon and saw their tarp in front. They have a promo for hair rebonding, P300 above the price I paid for the Ensogo promo. :) The staff were just opening the salon, arranging magazines, opening the lights, wiping the front desk, etc. I told a lady at the salon about my reservation, gave the Ensogo vouchers and wrote our names in the list.

Here are the things done during our hair rebonding session at Straight Naturelle:


1. Hair strand test. The Lady interviewed me about the history of may hair -- last treatment, color (if any), etc.


2. Shampoo. The shampoo area is clean. The shampoo chair is comfortable and I wanted to stay there as the shampoo girl washed my hair.

3. Hair rebonding solution. The lady clipped my hair into sections and she applied the hair rebonding solution to each section. After 30 minutes or so, she asked the shampoo girl to rinse my hair.

4. Hair rinse. All the solution should be removed from the hair with water. Water continuously ran through my hair as Shampoo girl removed the rebonding solution.

5. Blow dry. The Lady blow dried my hair. My hair looked like it was just blow dried, not rebonded. And then there was a brownout, for about 20 minutes.

6. Hair iron. The Lady and another male staff started to iron my hair. They painstakingly ironed my hair is small sections. Hair ironing lasted for two hours.

7. Milk treatment. A white cream was slathered to my hair. It smelled nice. The treatment lasted for 15 minutes.

8. Shampoo. My hair was rinsed. The shampoo girl left me with my head on the sink. I wondered where she went, if she was getting a towel or something. I lay there waiting as I watched a man having a pedicure. After 15 minutes (I think), shampoo girl returned and resumed shampooing my hair.

9. Cold blow dry. My hair was blow dried using cold air. In my previous hair rebonding treatment at a different salon, they used an actual blower. You place your head near the opening of the blower while the salon staff runs her fingers through your hair to dry. It was so uncomfortable, you might get vertigo. Good thing Salon Naturelle has a hair blower with cold setting.

10. Hair trim. The Lady snipped some stray hairs and trimmed the ends of my now beautiful straight locks.

Having my hair rebonded at Straight Naturelle was a good experience. The salon is not filled with customers, the staff are polite, they don't urge you to buy their products nor force you to have hair treatments, and the ambience is relaxing. Also, they don't say that your hair is "DRY" therefore needing a hair treatment. What they say is that your hair is "SENSITIZED" and you should always have treatments to maintain its health and shine.

Now, I'm lovin' my straight and manageable hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter