Monday, June 13, 2011

8th Acupuncture + Herbal Tea

Going to my acupuncturist, Sister Regina, is one of the things that I look forward to. I feel that I'm doing my body and qi (say: chi) some good by having acupuncture. Every session seems a step forward to reaching my ultimate goal of conception and having a healthy pregnancy. It's like running. Every step on the track is important to reach the finish line.

Also, this is the day when I will start taking the herbal medicine Sister Regina talked about during my previous session.

I came thirty minutes before my appointment and only one cubicle is left for me. Looks like a busy day today. I read Frances Mayes' "Under the Tuscan Sun" as I wait for Sister Regina.

The two cubicles before mine belongs to a couple. From the looks of it, they're undergoing a fertility workup too. I heard the man said to Sister Regina that he is trying to loose inches from his waist. It helps when the couple's are healthy to conceive. Having a trim waist line is a sign.

Sister Regina came to my cubicle and she looked at the book I was reading. :) I told her that my May cycle is delayed by about 7 days or so (I had a 40-day cycle, the longest for this year). We did the usual ceremony before the acupuncture. She asked about my period, my bowel movement, PMS, cramps, breast tenderness, etc. Her voice is soft I sometimes cannot hear her well. I'm afraid I might give the wrong answer.

After inserting the needles, Sister Regina left te cubicle to attend to her other patients. And I totally forgot about the herbal medicines!

As I lay there, the moxa burning on my tummy, I hear another patient. I think he has a clogged nose. He's wheezing. I cannot calm my mind, being distracted by the wheezing sound. Oh well.

After thirty minutes, an assistant came to my cubicle and removed the needles. I asked her about the herbal medicines. She told me that it will be given at the front station. She advised me to just bear drinking the herbal tea as it has a not-so-good taste (and maybe smell as well). I've read women forum and they say that Sister Regina's tea is hard to drink. They're tea drinkers but they cannot stomach the herbal tea. Oh my!

In the front station, I asked another assistant about the herbal medicine. She gave me a yellow container with the label in Chinese (P1,400) and a small white plastic teaspoon. I have to dissolve 8 scoops of the tea to one cup of hot water. Drink the tea an hour after breakfast and dinner. Before leaving, I scheduled for another session a week after next.

I'll keep you posted as I brave my way to drinking Sister Regina's herbal tea.

1 comment:

  1. Herbal tea is made from the herbs and taken orally. Herbs are generally a safe way to strengthen and tone the body's systems.
    herbal tea

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter