Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Friendly Care

Now that Hubby's not with me (physically), we decided that I should consult an OB-GYNE again to ask what I could do in these 9 months so I could prepare my body for conception.


I've searched the Internet for ways to increase my fertility without taking any invasive drugs. I've read Dr. William's book The Fastest Way to Get Pregnant Naturally. I'll post a review later. I've read forums about PCOS, finding fertility doctors near me and alternative treatments such as acupuncture, reflexology, Chinese medicine, etc.


Now, I'm in my first step. I've found a new fertility doctor, Dr. Angela Aguilar. According to The Filipino Doctor website, she is affiliated with St. Luke's - Global (expensive and popular hospital for the rich and famous), Cardinal Santos Medical Center and Friendly Care. I decided to go to Friendly Care since it's the nearest hospital where I live.


I called the day before I went to Friendly Care to check whether Dra. Aguilar will be present for consultation. I wouldn't want to waste my time and money going there and then learn that she is on leave or something. The nurse said she is available and advised me to come at least an hour before Dra. Aguilar's schedule which is from 12nn-2pm.


The night before, I prepared the things I will bring. I foresee lots of waiting. I have my lab results and prescriptions from my previous OB, a book and laptop. I also brought my water bottle and some snacks. Yes, when I'm nervous, I overpack, it seems.


At 10am, I arrived at Friendly Care. You can't miss the sign of red with bright yellow background. Each doctor has a queue number which is color-coded. I got the white one which is Dra. Aguilar's. The nurse also gave me an info sheet which I filled out.


At the Nurses' Station, there is a PA system where they call out the number. You'll hear "Number 26 Blue color..." After a few minutes of waiting, I heard "Number 9 OB-Endo". Not sure if it was me who is being called, thinking that the nurse would instead say "Number 9 white color". The nurse called a few times, the woman next to me in the waiting area said that it is indeed me who is being called. Bloopers!


I immediately went to the Nurses' Station. The nurse was attending to Number 10. I apologized saying it was my first time and I didn't know that it was my number which was being called. The nurse took Number 10's weight and blood pressure (BP). Then, I was next.


Since a first timer, the nurse, Karel, informed me of their different health cards. They have a health card for P980 which includes free doctor's fee (any doctor), 10% discount on lab tests including ultrasound and another discount which I forgot. This card is valid for a year. I got a form and said I would think about it. This card is what I need. Fertility workups cost alot and this card will save us some money on consultation fees. I don't think I need it now so I said that I'll just apply next year, when Hubby is here.


Nurse Karel is very accomodating and kind. I asked her about Dra.'s fee (she said P350) and ultrasound fee (P500). Way cheaper from my previous hospital fees! Woohooo!


After getting my weight and BP, Nurse Karel asked if I would be waiting for Dra. Aguilar or I would just return for my turn. She said I could return around 12:30pm. Yes! I could stroll at the mall and relax.


I have a good feeling about Friendly Care. Hopefully my consultation with Dra. Aguilar will be fruitful. I hope I can ask all the questions I've written down.

1 comment:

  1. What's her schedule at Friendly Care? Thanks. - Dad wannabe

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter