Friday, November 26, 2010

Healthy Options


I've decided to have a healthy lifestyle to help me conceive next year. Since I was diagnosed to have anovulatory cycle (meaning, I don't ovulate regularly) due to PCOS, I will do whatever I can to alter my body's physiology to make it conducive to pregnancy.

Articles about PCOS recommends the patient to have a high protein-low carbs diet. White rice, pastas, white bread and potatoes are a no-no. Also, a big NO to refined sugars, pancakes, jams and syrups. All the things I love! Now, it's YES to brown rice, multi-grain muesli, organic and dark leafy veggies and unprocessed foods.

To jumpstart my healthy living goal, I checked out Healthy Options for some healthy food options. I bought Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli. A bag costs P249.

You can take the muesli hot by boiling ¼ cup muesli with ½ cup water or milk. If you want it cold, pour 1 cup milk to ½ cup muesli. Let the muesli soak the milky goodness before eating.

The bag is transparent so you can see what the muesli contains. It has raisins, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and oats.



Healthy Options
2/F SM Megamall Bldg. B

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter