Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not this time (again)

Many say chances of conception rise after an HSG procedure. Since the liquid dye from the procedure "cleans" the fallopian tubes, it's much easier for the sperm and egg to meet.

We were very hopeful after I had the HSG and learned that there was no blockage in my tubes. I thought we would be able to conceive that cycle. But, Aunt Flo came on the dot. :(

The first time I took Clomid two years ago, we were very excited, learning that couples get pregnant after taking the ovulation inducing drug. After Clomid, having a shot of Pregnyl helps the egg to rupture and be released to the fallopian tubes. We were more hopeful that time. Then the HSG. We were looking forward to getting pregnant. Even Dra. Aguilar prescribed 100 tablets of folic acid since she said I would get pregnant. Still, we weren't able to conceive.

What's the problem? It just frustrates me sometimes.

I can't help but think that maybe we are experiencing difficulty getting pregnant because we are busy with several things. We weren't able to sit down, relax and just enjoy the journey towards conception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter