Tuesday, September 25, 2012

After the HSG

We were happy with the result of the HSG. Knowing that my fallopian tubes are patent felt like a burden was lifted off my chest. I immediately texted my friend, L, and my mother about the result. They were happy as well.

Five days after the HSG, I had a bleeding. It started as red spotting in the morning. My heart raced as the spotting turned to bleeding. I put on a sanitary pad just in case the bleeding would continue for the rest of the day. It did. It was like a first day of menstruation bleeding. What's happening?!?!

I searched on the Internet about bleeding after the HSG. Most talked about the spotting, which was expected after having the procedure. None said about bleeding. I was scared. Maybe I had an infection? I did not have a fever. Good thing, the bleeding stopped the next day.

I visited Dra. Aguilar and told her about the bleeding. She said it was normal. Sometimes it happens to those who had HSG. The body wasn't able to expel all of the liquid dye and it would only be expelled a few days after the procedure. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter