Thursday, September 20, 2012

Before my HSG


A few days before my period, I visited Dra. Aguilar in her clinic at Friendlycare. I wanted to inform her that I want to have the HSG procedure. It is the next step in my infertility treatment. HSG or hysterosalpingogram is not a treatment but a procedure to test if a woman's fallopian tubes are patent (without blockage) or blocked.

Dra. Aguilar gave me two prescriptions, one was for the text format to inform her that I had my period and would be having an HSG. She has this text format so texting would be easier for her and the patient. No beating around the bush. Below the text format were the following reminders:

1. Bring companion
2. Arrive 30 minutes before scheduled appointment
3. Bring sanitary napkin

Number 1 made me anxious.

Another prescription was for the medicines to take before, on the day, and after the procedure. She prescribed and antibiotics for 10 days and some pain relievers.

I bought the meds (costs P1,326) and waited for my period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter