Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Follicle Monitoring

Following my acupuncturist's recommendation, I went to my OB for a TVS (transvaginal sonogram). This is to see if 6 sessions of acupuncture were effective in making me ovulate. I have been charting my basal body temp (BBT) for three months now and I have noticed that my temp hike happens on cd20. Based on the book Taking Charge of your Fertility, a temp hike means ovulation. Which means I ovulate around cd19. Is this for real? I have to confirm with my OB.

I went to my OB before cycle day 14, though I wanted to go on cd16 since my BBT chart tells me I ovulate on cd19. But just to make sure I don't miss this elusive ovulation, I went on cd11. I'm excited going to my OB. I have a good feeling that my BBT chart is not lying. Though there is another side of my brain that tells me not to put my hopes up too high.

FM is for Follicle Monitoring I informed my OB that I have been having acupunture for some time now (I know I should've told her about it earlier). She says she has nothing against acupuncture. She told me that there were cases of women who had failed in IVF (in-vitro fertilization) but after having acupuncture, they were able to conceive. Godd news to hear!

As she inserted the ultrasound device in my you-know-what, the monitor showed that I have a 1.0cm (11mm) follicle in my left ovary. Hurray! I was so happy to see that tiny black blob in the monitor. Dra. Aguilar said it seems my ovulation is late. She told me that I needed to have a size 1.8cm (18mm) follicle and advised me to return on cd16.

God, please confirm my gut feel that I am really ovulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter