Sunday, April 24, 2011

DIY Trail Mix


Summer is officially here. This means O-U-T-I-N-G-S!!! Family outing, company outing, barkada outing, graduation outing, despedida outing, any excuse just to have summer getaway will do.

Our company will be having our own outing too. Aside from thinking about what to pack, I'm faced with what snacks to bring. I'm trying to really lessen my junk food intake but the temptation of that salty bag of chips is just too much for me. I can live a week without junk food but come the weekend, my resolve to eating healthy vanishes. Having to go to an outing adds to the challenge of eating healthy!

Then I thought about bringing trail mix! Trail mix is a combination of nuts, seeds, choco chips (yes!) and dried fruits. To make my own, here's what I bought from the grocery: banana chips, Nips, raisins and unsalted peanuts.

The night before our outing, I will just combine all of these goodies in a plastic bag or container, shake it a little and viola! DIY trail mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter