Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SMART Goals

Reading Michael Dooley's "Fit for Fertility" inspired me to create my own goals which are smart, measureable, achievable, realistic and time-related (thus, the SMART goals).

It's nice to have a plan. My mind stays focused and I can check this list regularly to see if I'm doing what I'm supposed to do but I will not be hard on myself if I don't do everything. I also need to remind myself to relax and not to be obsessed. As Dooley puts it, "trying to conceive is NOT an obsession but a journey!"


Here are my SMART goals:

Long-term goal: Have a healthy baby by 2012

Intermediate goals

  • Regulate ovulation - March 2011
  • Trim waist by 3 inches - April 2011 (I have a month to go. panic!)
Short-term goals
  • Increase intake of green, leafy veggies - start now
  • Take multivitamins - start now
  • Jog twice a week - start next week
  • Do yoga every night - start now
  • Cut out junk foods - started
  • Eat brown rice, muesli - already started
  • Sleep 8 hours a day - already started
I hope I can stick to my plan and achieve my ultimate goal of having a baby, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter