Saturday, March 5, 2011

2nd HPV vaccine shot

I had my second HPV vaccine shot four weeks after the first shot, and a week after my measles experience.

I came early to be listed (I'm #6!) with my sister who will be having an MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) shots. I informed the nurse that I will be using my health card (yey office HR!). This means I will not be paying the consultation fee. She gave me forms to sign and then took my blood pressure and weight. Dra. Aguilar's clinic hours is still in the afternoon so I went home.

I came back an hour after Dra.'s hours, thinking I need not wait long for my turn. I waited in the waiting area and read Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played with Fire." And I waited. And waited. Dra. finally came an hour and a half after her clinic hours! Guess that's what you'll expect from an OB GYNE who has many patients in different hospitals. She's that good.

The shot was quick but not painless. I don't know why I felt some discomfort as she injected the syringe in my left arm, unlike before.

The third and last vaccine shot will be 20 weeks from the second shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter