Sunday, March 13, 2011

5th Acupuncture Session


I came to the clinic 10 minutes before my appointment and was immediately ushered to cubicle #2. I have not yet freshened up after my commute when Sister Regine entered the cubicle. She seemed not to be in a hurry as she asked me the usual questions about my monthly period. That's the advantage of being an early patient, you can have more time with your acupuncturist. She noticed that I was touching my eyes, my left eye was twitching. She asked about it, if there was soreness (none) and for how long have I been experiencing it (about 3 days, though I'm not sure exactly).

I lied down on the bed and she started the insertion of fine needles in my head. She also put some around my left eye. This was a first! I thought she forgot to check my tongue. She didn't. I showed it to her as whe was inserting the needles in my tummy.

One thing I noticed was that when she inserts a needle in my left foot, it hurts a bit. I don't know what's the reason for this discomfort. I will ask her about it on my next visit.

I was able to sleep in this session. Yoohoo! I was startled when an assistant replaced the moxa. I slept again when she went out. My session ended before I knew it. My thirty minutes was already up. An assistant woke me up and removed the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter