Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fit for Fertility


This book is full of information about preparing your body for conception. I'm glad I bought it since I learned alot about what food to eat, what to do to obtain optimum reproductive health, how to relieve stress, etc. The wording of this book is very positive and very encouraging that's why I kept on reading every page (well, almost).

Here's what I picked up from this book:

  • Create SMART goals. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Related.
  • 3 months seems to be the magic number for preparing your body for pregnancy. So, three months before you actively try to have a baby, you should quit smoking, drinking and recreational drugs and start eating healthy foods.
  • "Diet is the single biggest controllable factor in getting yourself fit for fertility."
  • Keep things simple and listen to your body.

The Fit for Fertility Program has 10 core themes:

  1. Diet
  2. Exercise
  3. Stress Reduction
  4. Lifestyle
  5. Positive approach
  6. Team approach
  7. Goal setting
  8. DR AID (Diagnose, Review treatment options, Agree the plan of treatment, Implement the plan, Demonstrate that it is working)
  9. Planning the journey
  10. Education

These are just a few of the information from the book. There are many more I want to write but it would take a very long post. Just try to grab a copy from your bookstore. Or your second-hand book shops (just what I did!).

I've written my SMART goals and thought about the conception plan. Some will say that I'm OC about this havin' a baby thing. I know that nobody can plan for conception, only the Lord has the say on things. I say, I can prepare my mind, my body and my whole being as Hubby and I wait for the Lord's blessing of a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter