Sunday, March 27, 2011

After 8 Years


One of my bestfriends in high school, Lara, and I met over the weekend. After our HS graduation, we hadn't had the chance to catch up on our college life. She studied in the city while me and my other friends studied in the province. There were no cellphones, e-mails are a luxury for a student like me and social networking sites are not yet developed. One time we did meet in college was during her dorm's Open House. It was a quick get-together.

Now, 8 years after our last meeting in 2003, we decided to meet. Since she's a mom now and an active NGO member, I know her schedule is so tight. I told her not to backout the last minute for our meeting. And we finally met! Over a large plate of sotanghon guisado and drinks, we shared years of stories, trials and triumphs. Her soon-to-be five year old daughter is a smart kid, will be entering an elementary school and she's an un-spoiled kid at that. I'm so proud that she has raised her daughter well, without giving in to her tantrums but not depriving her as well. I hope to meet her soon. We planned that our next meeting will be a sleepover in her house and we'll cook our dinner and jog the morning after. Sound fun to me!

As fate would have it, we share the same OB as well! As I told her about me having PCOS, she told me that she would recommened a great OB. It turns out that this great OB she is speaking of is my OB, too! Truly, without us knowing it, somehow there are some things that make our lives intertwined.

I guess this is what true friendship is. No matter the distance and time that separated us, we still feel like it was just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter