Thursday, May 13, 2010

Update

9:00 am

After I received a call from The Cook's office last Tuesday, I regularly checked his company's website for any news about the incident. And this morning, there is a press release about it.

There was an explosion in the engine room and unfortunately, one Pinoy seaman died and five others were injured. Those injured were airlifted to receive medical assistance while the rest are still on deck. I assume the Cook is one of those on deck since Mr. Avanzado reconrifmed that he is 100% safe and is medically fit.

Reading the news about the accident makes it real for me. It's like a concrete evidence that the accident really happened and some lives were compromised. I pray that Mr. Avanzado was telling the truth and not just saying things just to not let me worry. But I do worry. The Cook hasn't sent me a text message about his situation there. I'm still waiting and hoping for the good news.

9:46am

The Cook called. Finally!


He said there was indeed an explosion in the ship and his cabin was destroyed. All his stuff and paperworks, all gone. He was only able to save the clothes he is wearing. Good thing he was not inside the cabin when the explosion happened. I don't wanna think about what could've happen if...

He told me to call his office and inform them that his Messman was still in the ship beneath the rubble. He's assuming that the Messman has died since it's been three day since the explosion happened. Sadly, the Messman is the 1 casualty in the explosion, according to his office.

He is now on a tugboat to Dubai. Hopefully he and the rest of the crew will be home soon. I pray for their safe return. And to the family of the deceased, my prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter