Friday, March 10, 2017

Asian Institute of Immunology Inc.


(This is a late blog. We did LIT in 2015-2016.)

For those who are curious what goes on during an LIT, here's my blog of my experience. This is a series of blogs, so please bear with me.

Every immunologist has his/her own requirements of doing LIT. My Reproductive Immunologist for LIT was Dr. Carol Gloria of Asian Hospital. She required four sessions with six injections per session. Each session was done every four weeks.

We scheduled my LIT with Dr. Carol's secretary, Nurse William. He called Nurse Jane of Asian Institute of Immunology Inc. (AIII) to inform her about my LIT. 

When doing LIT, you need the white blood cells of your husband or a donor. There are screened donors available if your husband is not around. You have to pay the donor, though. Last time I checked, a donor is paid P2,500. 

The door of AIII.
AIII is where the donor blood is drawn and processed. It takes about 3-4 hours to filter the white blood cells from the donor blood. AIII is in Makati City.

My schedule for LIT at Asian Hospital was 12nn. Nurse William scheduled the blood extraction at 7 am in AIII. From Makati, an AIII staff would bring the processed white blood cells to Asian Hospital in Alabang.

For my first LIT session, Dr. Carol asked for 18 vials of Hubby's blood. Yes, 18! Hubby is scared of needles, so imagine his shock when he learned that I needed 18 vials of his blood. (insert Dracula laugh) 

On LIT day, we left before dawn to reach Makati on time. Any delay on the blood extraction would also delay my LIT schedule at Asian Hospital.

Nurse Jane said the blood extraction only needed one needle and not 18. Still, this did not ease Hubby's fear. The donor should be relaxed to help the vein remain open. She said if the vein closes up, she needed to extract blood from the other arm.

The extraction lasted for about 10 minutes. The filtering of white blood cells from 18 vials of donor's blood costs P20,160 at AIII. For the following LIT sessions, Dr. Carol requested less vials of blood (14, I think) and it costs P18,000 each session at AIII.

Asian Immunology Institute
Unit 1803, Unit 1203 Medical Plaza Building, 
Amorsolo Street, Makati
Phone: 0922 811 8508
FB: AsianInstituteOfImmunologyIncorporated

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis.. how are you? Tumaas na ba ang LAT mo after 4 sessions kay dra gloria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sis. Yup, tumaas naman ang LAT ko during my LIT sessions with Doc Carol. Thanks for your comment. Be blessed, sis.

      Delete

 
Free Hit Counter