Thursday, March 2, 2017

Out of His Mind

Image source: Pixabay
Over the weekend, my husband went to the dermatologist to have his skin tags removed. Cauterization is needed to get rid of those unsightly skin tags. I accompanied him for emotional support 'coz you know, he's afraid of needles.


The dermatologist injected a small amount of anesthesia in his underarm to numb this sensitive area before cauterizing the skin tags. I held his hand while he was lying on the patient's bed.

Thirty minutes during the procedure, I felt dizzy. My hands went clammy and I suddenly felt cold. I excused myself and went to the clinic's bathroom.

I decided not to go back to the doctor's small clinic fearing I might faint right then and there! I just waited for my husband outside.

When I told my husband that I felt faint during his procedure:

Hubby: Di mo siguro nakayanan yung amoy sunog sa loob kay muntik ka na mahilo.
Me: Yun talaga. Di ba pwedeng buntis ako kaya ako nahilo?! (jokingly)
Hubby: Talaga! Kelan ka ba dapat magka-mens?

That was so funny to me! We've finally reached a point in our lives where getting pregnant was not on the top of our minds. 


Many years before, any mood change, food craving or weight gain I have we assumed and hoped it was because I'm pregnant. Doesn't every TTC couple go through that? :)

Now, we've put trying to have a baby on the back burner. We're happy where we are as a couple now. We're not trying too hard nor too desperate to get pregnant. There's nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong here. We've done everything we can and we've exhausted all our resources to have our own baby and now it's time for us to enjoy our life together.

No more consultations with the doctors. No more stressful visits to the hospital. No more expensive treatments, tests and fees. No more timed intercourse (this one's the biggest stress!).

We'll just take what life give us.

We're still waiting and hoping and praying for our own little angel, though. If he/she doesn't come naturally to us, then there are other ways to start our own family. 

As my friend said, I'm still a mother in my own ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter