Thursday, March 30, 2017

Beta hCG Test

Credit: Pixabay
After my third IUI in St.Luke's Global City, Dr. Guinto gave me a lab request for a Beta hCG to be done a 2 weeks later.

When Hubby and I got home, I rested and didn't do much at home. My family visited me that night to check up on me. Them visiting me felt like I just came out of a major surgery. :)

After one week, we went again to St. Luke's to have the Beta hCG test.


What is Beta hCG?
"Beta HCG 'the pregnancy hormone' is produced by the cells of the implanting embryo and can be produced in the absence of an embryo. Beta hCG can be detected in maternal plasma or urine by 8 to 9 days after ovulation." - OBFocus

There were many patients waiting at the Laboratory. We got a queue number for my blood test. I paid for the blood test and waited for my turn.

After a few minutes, a nurse led me to a small cubicle and drew a vial of my blood. She then gave me my OR and informed me that I could check out the results online.

That night, after 4 or 5 hours after my blood test, we logged on St. Luke's eHealth Patients Results. We were nervous as to what my BhCG test result would be. Are we pregnant?

There on the screen was my lab result...and we didn't understand it. 
Credit: Pixabay
I searched online for what BhCG level I needed to reach to confirm if I was pregnant. After some readings, I realized that my number was too low to be considered pregnant. 

hCG levels gets higher after conception and will double every 72 hours. Mine didn't increase to reach the pregnancy level. 

We were deflated. Again.

The next morning, I texted Dr. Guinto's secretary, Mimi, about my lab result. I knew that I wasn't pregnant, but I was still hoping that I misread the documents about hCG. She replied that I had to retake the BhCG test after week. The following day, I got my period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter