Friday, March 31, 2017

LIT Booster

Credit: Pixabay
Note: I had my LIT booster last August 2016.

With Dr. Carol, my immunologist, she recommends a series of four LIT sessions before pregnancy or within the first trimester. If pregnancy wasn't achieved, an LIT booster is required every six months to maintain a positive LAT score.

Since hubby was overseas, we asked her sister to be my donor for the LIT booster. She underwent the screen test and passed.

On the day of my booster, we went to the Asian Institute of Immunology in Makati so she can have the blood extraction.

Afterwards, we went to Alabang and waited for my schedule of injection in Asian Hospital at noon. My mother accompanied me to the hospital while my in-laws waited in Festival Mall.

Dr. Carol administers six injections per LIT session. Other immunologists do four per session and requires five sessions.

While she was injecting the white blood cells, I kept praying the Hail Mary in my head to somehow alleviate the pain. When it's more painful, I pray Our Father. Praying keeps me calm and focused while dismissing the pain. My mother was surprised that I didn't show any distress in my face during LIT.

After removing the bandage, here's what an arm which underwent 4 LIT sessions would look like. Everybody is different so your arm might not look like mine so don't be frazzled. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter