Saturday, June 17, 2017

What Do You Think of IVF?

Photo: Pixabay
Last year, when I was setting up a schedule for my LIT booster with Dra. Carol, she mentioned that Hubby and I could consider IVF.

She said most of her patients who tried IVF were successful, compared to those who underwent IUI. At that time, she had a patient who got pregnant via IVF and Dra. Carol let me have a chat with her about her experience. She was on an IV drip treatment so she was just sitting on a comfy chair, waiting to finish her drip.

It was an informative discussion with her. She told me that she already had a 6-year-old son, and she wanted to have another baby. She had her IVF at KATO (in Makati). Payment was installment so if you have a credit card, you could use it. Expect long lines at KATO and appointments should be on schedule.

I was intrigued with IVF. I was toying the idea in my head. What if we undergo IVF?

However, I decided not to go through with it. When Hubby and I started on our journey of starting a family, I said we wouldn't do IVF. Now, I still have the same decision.


Photo: Pixabay
Personally, I draw the line at IUI. That's how far we would go in terms of assisting fertility. Two doctors have already suggested that Hubby and I consider IVF, but to me, that's just too invasive. It's too much intervention with what God and nature intended for Hubby and me. Maybe in the future I would change my mind about it, but for now, here is where I stand.

I have nothing against those who decided to have IVF or those who had a baby via IVF. I'm happy that they're doing what feels right for their situation. Kudos for being brave about going through with it because I know the toll it takes on a couple undergoing infertility treatment, much more with IVF.

To each his own. Right now, IVF doesn't feel right with me.

A friend said to me that a child doesn't define a marriage. It's nice to hear, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter