Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Yoga with Adriene

Photo: iTunes
Working from home allows me to carve time for fitness. After doing Blogilates for a year, I decided to change my routine and switched to yoga.

I found a Youtube channel, Yoga with Adrienne, and saw there are a variety of yoga videos available. Adrienne Mischler is a certified yogi and an actress.

YWA's About description says:

WELCOME to the YWA channel! Welcome all levels, all bodies, all genders, all souls! Find a practice that suits your mood or start a journey toward healing. Work up a sweat, or calm and relieve a tired mind and body. Create space. Tone and trim. Cultivate self love. Make time for you. Go deeper, have fun. Connect. Fall off the horse and then get back on. Reconnect. Do your best, be authentic and FIND WHAT FEELS GOOD.

I got your back and this community rocks. Jump on in! You don't even have to leave your house. 

Love, 
Adriene 



I first tried the 30 Days of Yoga as a starting point. I wanted to know how my body would feel practicing yoga after so many years of non-practice. I'm also the type of person who wants a system, a calendar, some sort of order of exercise that I can follow everyday.

The first week was exciting for me. It felt like I was meeting an old friend again. I was familiar with some of the asanas (poses) such as the Downward-facing dog, Mountain, Child, Warrior, Cobra, and Corpse. The videos are 20-30 minutes long.

What I like about Adriene is she always reminds practitioners to smile. She's a fun yoga teacher. And she has a dog named Benji!



Sure, some asanas may be difficult to do but she gives a lot of variations to the poses to fit anybody's flexibility level. I've been in and out practicing yoga and up to this day, I still can't do Downward-facing dog properly, but I learned to accept it. She demonstrates the options so it's up to you which asana feels good to you. 

No pity party here if your hands can't reach your toes. Adriene made me realize to embrace myself for what I am now. As she said in one of her videos, there is no rush in self-awareness.

If you're thinking about starting to practice yoga, check out the YWA channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter