Thursday, June 15, 2017

Missing My Godchild


Seven years ago, our family was introduced to a new born baby girl named Jamie. We are not related to this baby. My father knew the baby's father in his recreational activity that involves roosters. :)


We fell in love with Jamie. I wrote about her several times in this blog (here and here). We treated her as family. I even volunteered to be her godmother so as not to cut the ties between us.

A few months ago, her mother brought Jamie and her younger brother to Davao. She didn't inform us of her decision to leave her live-in partner and start a new life in Mindanao where she is originally from. She said it was a spur-of-the-moment thing.

We were surprised to learn about them leaving, but we accepted her decision. We believe that the kids living with their maternal kin will be good for them. They will love and support them. We know that they're better off there even if it means growing up without their father. Even if it means we can't see them anymore.

Photo: Pixabay
I was sad when they left. I wasn't able to say goodbye. I wasn't able to give the kids gifts to bring with them. During the holidays and birthdays, I will miss them.

My sister proposed visiting Davao soon, so we'll be able to visit them. It's a marvelous idea, but costly. Who knows? Maybe, we could save for a travel budget going there.

I'll let Lord to lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter