Friday, October 15, 2010

Floral and Garden Show


My mother, Hubby and I went to Los Baños, Laguna for the annual "Floral and Garden Show". Mother is an orchid lover and only during this event can she buy orchids at a much lesser cost. It was slightly raining that day but it didn't dampen our spirits of going to UPLB.

This event has a floral arrangement competition and we first walked around to see the winners. The flowers are breath taking! Mother is filled with envy. :)


Nursery owners are divided in two areas -- trees (not sure if this is the correct term) and commercial. We went to the area where tree seedlings are sold. I saw cactus, air plants that costs much, different seedlings and I saw a plant with an unusual leaf shape. the plant's leaves are shaped like butterflies you will think you are seeing butterfly infestation in the plant. Bummer I wasn't able to take its picture. I wasn't able to see its name too.

After touring the area, we bought 2 calamansi seendlings which already bear fruit, a Maharlika rambutan, and a dwarf pomelo.

Next, we visited the Commercial part of the garden show. Stalls are lined in three columns. Mother immediately saw orchids and was already talking to the owner before I was able to take pictures.

Saw small pitcher plants for sale at P50.

I saw these potted herbs. I've been wanting to cultivate herbs for our future herb garden. Hubby was not that optimistic, saying it's too early to buy these herbs. But I persuaded him and he gave in! We have sage, Java mint and rosemary all for P100! I will research on how to take care of these babies so Hubby will be proud.


This type of orchid costs P90 each. Mother, being an orchid fanatic, bought all the orchids she could buy with her pocket money.

At the end of the trip, Mother said "I'm so happy!" and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter