Sunday, October 10, 2010

Books by Color

image from colourlovers


As I was watching a show on cable about green homes (forgot the title), I saw a house wherein they arranged their books by colors of the rainbow. The owner said it is more interesting that way. And I thought that's a great idea!

I have books at home that are kept in different cabinets and tables. They're not organized. They're just there. Wherever a book fits. I know I should be penalized for doing these to my precious books but I have no proper book shelf at home.

So, when Hubby and I build our house, we will most definitely have lots of bookshelves. And I would do the "color blocking". Instead of filing my books by title or genre, I will use the color of their spines to organize. I'll try to do this over the weekend, just to try it.

Sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter