Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Preparing for an Eat-all-you-can

Photo credit: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com

Late last year, I bought two vouchers for a discounted lunch buffet at a restaurant that I've been wanting to try. I'll be using these vouchers with Inay soon and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to give her her first encounter with an eat-all-you-can restaurant.



I told her to keep our tummies healthy and as much as possible, avoid having stomach problems before our big date with several buffet tables. I was focused with my tummy that I forgot another thing that could keep me from enjoying the buffet...MOUTH SORE. Oh life!

I've researched ways on how to maximize our experience at the restaurant. Here are the tips that I've come across with that we'll probably use:

  • See what's in store. Check out all the foods available before putting anything on your plate. This can help you decide which ones to try first.
  • Eat the greens. Leafy vegetables help in digestion.
  • Avoid sugary drinks such as soft drinks and fruit smoothies since the sugars in these drinks will make the stomach fuller. Just drink water.
  • Put small portions of the items you want to try and see which ones you liked best. Go for second helpings of those you liked more.
  • Skip viands and other food items that are usually eaten at home. No Adobo or spaghetti for now.
  • Don't put everything you like in one plate. Put one food item on one plate, eat it, then go back to the buffet for another item that you like. Walking to and from the buffet will give you a bit of exercise while giving time for your stomach to digest food. -- I learned this from my previous employer when he treated us for Christmas.
I'm sure there are more ways to get the best of everything on a buffet. I'm still checking out a few sites so I can learn more tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter