Monday, March 9, 2015

Waiting for an Open Window Part 2

http://1ms.net/
As a first-time pregnant couple who waited five years to conceive, we tried hard to keep the good news to ourselves. I asked my husband to postpone telling his family about it and make the announcement on Christmas. But, since he's so excited, he already told his family even before we visited an OB GYN. :)

On Christmas Eve, we gave my parents a small gift. Inside was a pair of little socks and a note. At first, Inay didn't get the information on the note which said to expect someone coming in mid-August, 2015. When it dawned on her that I was with child, she cried hard and thanked God for an answered prayer. We were all misty eyed during dinner.



I stayed away from Facebook so I wouldn't blurt out the news to family and friends.

I took Duphaston twice a day and a tablet of folic acid every day, as per my doctor's instructions. 

By my ninth week in pregnancy, I noticed a brownish discharge in my undies. It was a Friday afternoon. I was nervous but didn't worry about it too much.

The next day was my sister-in-law's wedding. We attended the wedding and during reception, I kept going to the restroom to check if I still have a brownish discharge, similar to that during the last days of a menstrual period. I did. I told Inay about it and she advised me to see my OB. My other sister-in-law, who was pregnant, and another relative of my husband told me the discharge was normal and I shouldn't worry about it.

The following day, Sunday, there was still that discharge. I asked Inay to accompany me to the doctor on Monday since my OB has no clinic hours on a Sunday.

Read more:
Waiting for an Open Window Part 1




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter