Friday, March 20, 2015

Nami and Bruno

I noticed that there are still readers of my blog. A big thanks to you!

Anyway, enough stories about my D&C. It just makes me sad whenever I think about it. Not to mention, a local host also lost her pregnancy recently, it brings back memories of what I went through. For now, I'll be writing about my dogs, Nami and Bruno.



Nami

Nami is a mongrel of a Labrador Retriever and a native dog. I think, if my calculation is correct, she is a 3/4 Lab + 1/4 Aspin (asong Pinoy). Most people think that she's just a large dog since she has a slightly less broad face and a slightly longer muzzle length (genes from the Aspin) compared to a champ line of Labs, but her tail is broad and strong like all Labs. My brother gave her to me last May 2014 since he has no place for a dog in his boarding house.

She's a yellow Lab that is sweet and playful. Sometimes, I don't have the energy to play with her and giving her daily walks. I think about going into sports just to give her the outdoor time she needs.


Bruno, the miracle dog!

Meanwhile, a neighbor brought Bruno, a 100% Aspin, to us when our previous dog was in his late stage of life. Bruno's from a family of brave dogs and our neighbor suggested to leash the dog to prevent him from biting people.

I consider Bruno as my miracle dog. When he was about 3 or 4 months old, I thought I would lose him due to my own doing. He loved to nibble on pork bones and I gave one whenever we had Adobo or Sinigang. I thought, that was ok. But, after several bones, I noticed that he wasn't eating anymore. I thought he was just not that hungry but after three days, I was worried.

He never ate whatever food I placed in his dish and he just laid down in his cage. His body became gaunt, with his ribs slowly showing underneath the skin. He was so weak. He even pooped blood, which meant that he would be leaving me anytime soon. My neighbor said that maybe his stomach was bleeding because of a rupture due to the sharp bones he ate. I was so guilty. I was the one to blame for his condition.

Whenever I came to him and pat his head, he would just wag his tail, as if to say, "It's OK." I cried to him and I said how sorry I was and he just wagged his tail.

I prayed to St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saints of animals. Crying, I asked him to bring me back Bruno and I would take care of him properly. I knew I was asking for a miracle.

After a few days, Bruno got well. He started to eat the soft foods I gave him. And now, he's never been so active!

St. Francis answered my prayer. It was from my heart.

Now I consider these two dogs as my stress reliever. They love to greet me whenever I'm around. I pat their heads to release tension from work and from the sad memories I sometimes recall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter