Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zumba!

The class before yoga is Zumba. I was able to watch the class and wanted to join next time!

Zumba - a Latin-inspired dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Unlike a typical dance class where counts are used, Zumba involves following the music with repetitive movements. Zumba's choreography incorporates hip-hop, samba, salsa, merengue, mambo, martial arts, and some Bollywood and belly dance moves.*

The following week, I went to the gym to join the Zumba class. There were many students, mostly ladies. Being a shy first-timer, I positioned myself at the back of the class. Should I make a fool of myslef for not being able to follow the routine, only a few people would know. :)


As the class started and the instructor danced in front, I was smiling. A big smile! I like this! I want this dancing as exercise. I like dancing and the last time I danced was...hmmm...I can't even remember! As I followed the instructor's steps, I was smiling the whole time. I can't help it.

To watch a video of Zumba, you can check this out on Youtube.

*Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter