Friday, July 29, 2011

Ovulating or Not?

Having a TVS (transvaginal sonogram) according to the cycle day when you are most probably nearing ovulation is like waiting for a falling star. You don't know when it will happen and if it does, you should be able to watch it. Last year, I always have it after taking the ovulating drug Clomid. It's stressful, not to mention, expensive.

Sister Regina asked me to have this ultrasound to see if the herbal tea and acupuncture made its wonders to my reproductive organs. The goal is to see a big and round egg in one of my ovaries.

Based on my BBT chart in the previous months, I usually ovulate on cycle day 18 or 19. I have to have TVS before these days. I decided to go to Dra. Aguilar on cycle day 17. However, in this cycle, it seems I will be ovulating earlier than that. I have noticed changes that lead to ovulation, days earlier than the previous months that I experienced them. I thought that maybe I would be ovulating on cycle day 16. So I went to Friendly Care on cycle day 15.

Before, I usually go to the clinic during lunch time to be listed as a patient, go back to the office to work for a couple of hours, then go back to the clinic just in time for my appointment. I don't know what came over me but instead of doing that, I thought of lessening wasting time going to and fro the clinic by asking for an undertime instead. I planned to take a few hours off to have me listed in the clinic and just wait for Dra. Aguilar. Usually, Dra. Aguilar is still in the clinic at 3pm. When I arrived at Friendly Care at 3:30, I was disappointed to know that she has already left! The horror!

I left the clinic disappointed and blaming myself for not calling first to check if Dra. is still in the clinic. I should have left the office earlier. I should have just went during lunch for the listing. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Her next schedule falls on my cycle day 17. I don't know what to wish for. Do I wish that my ovulation can wait till that day? Do I wish that I read my BBT chart wrong? Have I mistaken noticing changes in my body? Should I just skip having TVS and believe my BBT chart which is telling me that I am ovulating? Ovulation. You are such an elusive fella.

Having the TVS seems like a closure for me. The result will tell me if the alternative treatment I'm undergoing is working or not. I feel that it is but I have to be medically sure. But it's just stressful for me!


Update: My BBT is 97.6F this morning. This means I have ovulated. :) Do I still need to have medical evidence of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter