Friday, August 21, 2009

Garden Resort

My Inay (Mom) and I went to the reception venue that I was eyeing for the longest time. I knew the place holds parties and gatherings so we went there early in the morning so as not to intervene if ever there was an event that day. We met with Ms. Malou (who incidentally was a batchmate of my brother in high school, therefore, she was also my schoolmate). She toured us around the garden resort. And I love the place!

Upon entering, there are plants and big rocks decorating the beautiful landscape. Ms. Malou first showed us the reception area. A caterer is setting up the place for a baptismal party happening later that day so I had a view on how the place would look like with all the tables and chairs. The area is near a kiddie and adult pool (7 ft) and more tables and chairs are arranged beside the pool. She said we could scatter flowers or have a floating cake in the kiddie pool if we want. :) There is a comfort room which is important for me in parties. Guests need not go very far to use the toilet.

Next, she showed us the lounge area. I could also rent the lounge area complete with a toilet, room with 2 double-decks and an attic (where mattresses are available and could be laid out for people to sleep, just in case). The spiral staircase going to the attic is narrow only one person at a time can climb, though.

There is a small grotto at the corner of a manicured lawn. A basketball area/parking area can also be used if there are more guests at the party. These are also included when renting the place. Electricity and amenities, all in. Wonderful!

Inay and I were very happy in our visit. The place was beyond what I expected. Since it is in the province I thought it would just be some ordinary looking resort, but no.

Before leaving, Ms. Malou gave me a folder with pictures of the place. She showed me the sample contract and I was kinda surprised that it was all in one page only. Very simple. I thought contracts are composed of a lot of clauses and whatnot.

Hopefully the Cook and I can finalize the time of our wedding so we could finally book the place.

Pictures will be posted soon since I'm having problems uploading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter