Saturday, August 22, 2009

Catering Service

Months ago, Inay said I can contact a catering service from our barangay (community) that provides the food for their school functions. I said OK since I want our wedding to be community-centered. Why hire services outside your community when there are people available to do that for you in your neighborhood? Since that caterer is from our community, they will hire people from our community also. Income for people who are otherwise jobless (and we have many of them).

During my visit to the possible reception venue, I told you that there was a caterer setting up the place. It turned out that it was the same caterer that Inay was talking to me about before. After talking with Ms. Malou, we went back to the reception area to talk with the caterer, Ms. Amy.

I gave her an idea of what I wanted in our reception and informed her that what I want is not the usual type. I wanted long tables instead of round ones. No presidential table since I don't want our guests watch us eat. And I feel uncomfortable in the idea of us being in the pedestal while guests are having fun away from us. :) I want a breakfast buffet (she confessed it would be their first). Those were just the tip of the iceberg.

Ms. Amy said she would research about Filipino breakfast menu that they could serve before we talk about the cost. Since she's a church-goer also, I can just talk to her after mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter