Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Lost at The Food Club

Inay and I went to The Food Club Lifestyle Buffet a few weeks ago to use the vouchers I've bought. We were excited. We were ready.

We got to the restaurant a few minutes before its opening hour. We waited awhile outside. Good thing, there were tables and chairs for guests.


Upon entering, I immediately noticed the bubble chandeliers. So pretty!


The receptionist seated us at a table for two, near the Japanese and dessert stations.

We started looking at the far side of the restaurant, the Filipino station where we saw a display of usual Pinoy fare such as Kare-kare, steamed veggies, red egg, etc. I'd love to take pictures but there was a group of HRM students on tour and a staff was explaining the different cuisines on offer at The Food Club.

Some of the reviews I read said there was a seafood station, which includes lobsters, mussels, and oysters. However, I only got to see fresh salmon.

Here are some of the photos I was able to shoot.







Love the pesto-flavored cheese (green one).




As much as I've prepared myself for the lunch buffet, there were just some things that were out of my control.

First, mouth sore. I got two. How would I enjoy lunch if it hurts whenever I take a bite? I couldn't even sip a drink from a straw without experiencing pain!

Second, Aunt Flo decided to visit me, a bit later than usual. So, there was a discomfort in my midsection the whole time.

As a result, I was only able to eat less. A piece of crab claw here, a shrimp tempura there, a small slice of each cheese on the platter. The contents of my plate looked like it was for a toddler. It was shameful! I liked to get soup from the Vietnamese station, but since I was dealing with two physical concerns, I passed up the opportunity. Maybe next time, I can conquer The Food Club.

C'est la vie!

The Food Club
Diosdado Macapagal Blvd, Pasay
(across Blue Wave)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter