Friday, July 5, 2013

SSS Loan Predicament

Last 2011, I got my second salary loan from SSS, I was employed at that time. The loan was payable in two years. After a year, I resigned from the company so it was now my responsibility to pay for my loan at SSS. 

After a several months of paying my loan, I decided to get a statement of account. I wanted to make sure that all my loan payments (from my previous employer and mine) were properly credited to my record. I tried using the SSS website but it only showed the loan status, not the loan payments. After two hours of waiting in an SSS branch, my number was called and I was able to get a printout of my statement of account.



Notice the "Post Date" and the "SBR/TR Date" columns. From the statement, it seemed like SSS was only able to credit my loan payments in 2011 and 2012 last January 2013! Another thing I learned, I have "Past Dues." I was a diligent payer, paying my loan monthly since I left the company, so why did I have unpaid dues? I learned that there were two payments during my employment which were not credited (yet?). The SSS employee said it should've been credited by this time since all of the latest payments I did were already credited. He advised me to ask my previous employer the photocopies of the loan payment forms and bring them to the SSS Main Office in Quezon City for verification and update. Such a hassle!

Instead of going back to the city to fix this, I decided to just pay my past dues to avoid future penalty fees. It sucks, but the time, effort, money, and sanity that I would spend are not worth it for fixing this. Some of you may disagree, but this is me. I informed my friends and colleagues about this so they could check their SSS records while they're still employed and update their records if necessary.

Once I finish paying my loan, I'll get another statement of account to make sure that I'm fully paid and avoid problems in the future. Thirty years from now, I don't want to have problems in getting my pension because of an "unpaid" loan.

(Update: I checked the SSS website and the Statement of Account for loans can be accessed there.)

1 comment:

  1. Same here. I was about to apply for another loan knowing that I would finish my current loan 4 months from now. I was shocked when my application was declined due to inability to pay at least half of the loan. It was so impossible that I haven't paid my loan since I am consistently paying it through payroll deduction and according to my employer, my loan was always paid on-time and they even have the copies of receipts of payment from SSS. This is actually pissing me off!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter