Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Peacock Cross stitch

As a Christmas gift, I asked Hubby to buy me the materials of a peacock cross stitch pattern I had. I was into peacocks and luckily, I was able to buy a pattern entitled "Peacock's Courtship" at the mall. The pattern was big, measuring 15" x 21.9" (210 x 307 stitches). We went to Quiapo and bought the threads, needles, and Aida fabric.


I thought I would be able to finish this project before Hubby arrives. I timed myself and realized that I could only do 100 stitches in 1 hour because of the complexity of the pattern and multiple colors needed. Half a year after we bought the materials, I was only able to do about 1/8 of the project. Waah!

Here's the progress of this project.

After 30 hours

After 50 hours
I planned to display this project in our future house. Guess our house would be finished before I'd be able to finish this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter