Friday, March 8, 2013

Working in oDesk

I got the idea of working in oDesk from my colleague in my previous company. At that time, I was still in the company and joining oDesk was just for fun, nothing serious. It was my backup plan.

A year after joining, I now enjoy using oDesk. I've passed some free tests in the website and updated my resume as well to increase my job application quota. I explored the website and read the Help Center to know more about working in oDesk. I kept applying to jobs, hoping that a client would hire me. 

One day, a US-based client hired me to write articles for his events website. Cool! I was so thrilled to be hired. As a newbie, I wanted to impress the client. I have no feedback yet in oDesk and I wanted to prove that I'm a qualified contractor. Halfway through the project, the client asked me to apply to his other job in oDesk. I was excited, knowing that the client liked my work and would hire me for another job.

However, the thing that worries me is I've been hired for a fixed-price contract. Meaning, payment is not guaranteed. It is up to the client when and how much to pay. :( I do hope that my first job in oDesk would be good, money-wise. Otherwise, I would just let this be in my "Lesson Learned" folder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter