Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thinking about Mortality

Over the weekend, the remains of my father's aunt were laid to rest. She suffered a stroke, was hospitalized for four days, and the Lord called her a week after the stroke. She was 83. 

Her family is not wealthy, they barely have the basic necessities in life. During that tumultuous week, their relatives came to visit her and give assistance, may it be financial, food, or emotional support.

I can't help but think about a person's mortality, especially of my parents who are in their mid-60s. How does it feel to bring home a loved one because you can't pay the hospital bills? It must be very difficult and heart-wrenching to feel useless. When is it OK to pull the plug? What can I do to prepare for a relative's demise? What should I do for MY passing in the far future?

Sorry if I sound morbid but that's life. Death is inevitable. We may not know when our time will come but it's not an excuse not to prepare for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter