Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Divisoria Day

A week before All Souls' Day (Halloween), my Tita, Inay and I went to Divisoria to buy the fabric that will be used in my gown. The night before the trip, I showed my Tita (who is a seamstress) the design of my gown. It is a simple one-shoulder gown. My Tita scrutinized the design and immediately knew what fabrics to use.

The Cook wasn't able to go with us because he has an appointment with a doctor. :(

We went to Tabora, the mecca of all clothing stuffs. My Tita is a frequent buyer (suki) in one of the many fabric shops in Tabora so we had lots of discounts (one fabric was P50 less per yard).

Here is where we bought the fabrics:


Here is my Tita, choosing fabrics:


For my gown, we bought the following fabrics:
Silk Georgette
Satin
Dupe-dyed
Gina cloth (lining)
Veil cloth

I forgot the prices though. But they were less than P1,500.

The fabric shop also sells wedding accessories so I bought the arrhae, cord and veil. I chose the simplest designs so I could personalize them myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter