Friday, October 30, 2009

Looking for a Photographer 2

I asked my sister, KC, if her officemate who is a photo hobbyist, could be our wedding photographer. That way, we could save a lot of money by hiring an amateur instead of a pro. But, she said her officemate cannot commit since they might have a client by January and they might not be able to take a leave from office. :(

I then asked my friend Cheps if she knows somebody to take our pictures. She said her sister and friends are photo enthusiasts and may be able to do wedding shots. Yippee!

Photography services down, now with the albums. Since we are inclined to hiring amateur photographers, I immediately searched the Internet for album makers. And I found out that there are services like that here in the Philippines. One is Picture Shop and the other is Photobook. You can check out ther websites and see their works and rates.

I told Inay about my idea of hiring an amateur yet artistic photographer and then sending our pictures to the album maker. This would definitely lessen the photography costs. Of course, being a mother, she had doubts about this idea. She said the photos may fade, wrinkle, etc. in time.

Then, the next day, much to my surprise, my siblings talked about my so-called foto dilemma without my knowledge. They decided to shoulder the photography costs just to lighten the load for us. Yey!

I sort of defended the Cook and I (you know, EGO). I don't want to give them the impression that we could not afford photo services. I told them that we have a budget for a photographer, but it is not enough to hire a non-traditional photographer.

Still, they insisted on paying, so thank you my wonderful siblings. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter