Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baptismal Certificate, where are you?

As we start preparing for our wedding, our first task is to prepare the documents for the Church. We were asked to submit the following:

1. Baptismal and Confirmation Certificates - from the Church
2. Birth certificate - from the National Statistics Office (NSO)
3. CENOMAR (Certificate of Non-Marriage) - from NSO
4. Marriage License - from the municipality hall

Right now, we are having a problem regarding my Baptismal Certificate. It's not in the Books of the Church. Good thing I have my Confirmation certificate (which is given if you were baptized as a Catholic) so they cannot question if I was baptized or not. The personnel which we talked with said that I need to present the original copy of my Baptismal certificate and update their Books. If not, I need to submit an affidavit of loss and a document from my mother and/or Godmother stating that I was indeed baptized as Catholic. Such a hassle...

So now, I asked Inay to dig up all the documents at our house in the hopes of finding the original copy of the Baptismal Certificate. If this elusive Baptismal Certificate never appears, I just might have to produce several documents they needed. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter